Register My Account Search Members F.A.Q. Admin  


crawfordcountybasketball.com



Post new topic Post reply

Page: 1 2
Author Message
runandshoot1

All-County
Posts: 224
Registered: Aug 2007
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 07:53 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
giffiusmcohio74 wrote:
10 Second call the Edgerton coach called a Time out just prior to the official reaching 10 seconds. Not a blown call.

There was 11 secs from the time the ball was thrown in till the whistle blows so how is that not a blown call?

What cost CC the game was:

Technical foul on their center for slamming the ball to the court! Foul was called prior giving Edgerton 4 free throws and the ball! 1 FT was converted so they got 3 points and made a basket for a 5 point swing.

I agree that should have been a T. What about when the Edgerton kid threw the ball at the same ref as hard as he could? SHould that have been a T? I think so. You are wrong on the 4 FT's. It was a player control foul so you don't shot those. Surprised you didn't know that.


As well CC got a steal down 2 with about 50 seconds left and had a wide open man going for the basket - pass was off balance and intercepted. If the pass is good and the score - tie game.

Totally agree.

Wasn't the officiating that kept CC to 13 points in the first half. It was the 8-10 points blown off of layups.

That surely hurt but you don't think they got bumped on any of those? Considering their was only 1 or 2 fouls called on Edgerton in the first half.

It wasn't the officiating that let Edgerton go untouched off the dribble in the first half to the tune of 10-12 points in layups.

CC looked like deer in headlights until Edgerton's pg went down with a knee injury. If he doesn't go down in the 1st half... CC gets blown out of the game.

I disagree. They don't score enough points to blow people out.

Great learning experience - great come back. But let's not lay the blame on the refs. CC made plenty of errors to lose this game.


[i][b]How about the play when the ref right in front of the ball starts to call a travel and the same guy who screwed them all night for about 40 feet away calls a foul on an Eagle?

Never said they lost CC the game but they sure didn't help them!
clb6110

All-State
Posts: 2073
Registered: Aug 2005
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 08:13 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Nutcracker reported:Also maybe a team around 72' that beat Willard when they had the Burma kid, Willard might have been state ranked. That was the best basketball team I have seen come out of the Eagles Nest.

Not sure about this,I don't recall who got Willard in '72 but I don't think it was CC.I know WHS wasn't state ranked.The Burma kid was there in '72 but they weren't state ranked until '73 and then knocked out by Lex.
clb6110

All-State
Posts: 2073
Registered: Aug 2005
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 08:17 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
If in fact it was 2/3 of the crew that did the Willard/Elida game then I'd bet the ranch that CC would've got screwed.
BAT21

All-State
Posts: 2698
Registered: Jan 2006
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 09:12 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
giffiusmcohio74 wrote:
10 Second call the Edgerton coach called a Time out just prior to the official reaching 10 seconds. Not a blown call.

What cost CC the game was:

Technical foul on their center for slamming the ball to the court! Foul was called prior giving Edgerton 4 free throws and the ball! 1 FT was converted so they got 3 points and made a basket for a 5 point swing.

As well CC got a steal down 2 with about 50 seconds left and had a wide open man going for the basket - pass was off balance and intercepted. If the pass is good and the score - tie game.

Wasn't the officiating that kept CC to 13 points in the first half. It was the 8-10 points blown off of layups.

It wasn't the officiating that let Edgerton go untouched off the dribble in the first half to the tune of 10-12 points in layups.

CC looked like deer in headlights until Edgerton's pg went down with a knee injury. If he doesn't go down in the 1st half... CC gets blown out of the game.

Great learning experience - great come back. But let's not lay the blame on the refs. CC made plenty of errors to lose this game.


Yes ...blown call. CC scored and called timeout ... 1:19 left on the clock. Edgerton takes the ball out on the end line ... CC is pressing. Edgerton is struggling ... because of the loss of the point guard ... as you stated. The ref standing courtside opposite the benches, calls the 10 second call as the bench side official gives Edgerton the TO. The time on the clock is now 1:08. Do the math.

You are right about the most of the other reasons as well ... generally speaking. The T hurt ... no doubt. Missed layups were a part of it as well ... even as late as 32 seconds left I believe. But the fact of the matter is ... they had fought thru all that and were still only down 2 with 1:08 left, in the game ... with the 10 second call ... they would have the ball! Edgerton would not have hit the 3 coming out of the time out to put CC down 5. That's why the blown call was huge. I never said it was the only reason they lost ... but it was a bad call at the most inopportune time.


Life is short ... I'm not
awebgsu

All-Region
Posts: 599
Registered: Jan 2011
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 09:15 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
Nutcracker wrote:
Larry Legend: Check out that fact about Eagle teams making the regionals
I thought ther was a team in the late sixties that went. Might have been coached by Robert "Mac" Morrison. That team picture use to hang in the trophy case. Also maybe a team around 72' that beat Willard when they had the Burma kid, Willard might have been state ranked. That was the best basketball team I have seen come out of the Eagles Nest.


The 62/63 squad went 22-0 before losing to Attica in the Class A District Semi-Finals at Mansfield High School. Western Reserve, led by All-Ohio Mike Hyde, won the District.

The 71/72 squad ended up 17-5 after losing to Lexington in the Class AA District Finals at Ashland College. Lex came into the game 21-0 and ended up 25-1.
awebgsu

All-Region
Posts: 599
Registered: Jan 2011
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 09:17 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
The 73/74 squad was the only won with a victory over Willard as the won 56-54 in 2OT. CC ended up 6-13 that year losing in the Sectional opener to Upper Sandusky.
galion

All-State
Posts: 4355
Registered: Nov 2009
 
 Posted March 14th, 2012 09:37 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
And to think that had this happened to CC last season at this time I would actually felt a little sympathy for them. Oh my, how things can change over the course of a year.
Nutcracker

All-County
Posts: 209
Registered: Dec 2009
 
 Posted March 15th, 2012 03:38 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
awebgsu: Thanks for that info, I was trying to remember that team in
in 71/72. I was 10 yrs old. That has got to be the team I remember as the best Ive seen at the Eagles Nest. I was at that game at Crawford when Crawford beat Willard, I remember that as the only game I have ever been to that both teams could not hear the buzzer at the end of the game because of the fans were so loud. Crawford does have a small gym.
bigdaddy004

All-Block
Posts: 28
Registered: Apr 2008
 
 Posted March 16th, 2012 11:29 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Hey galion isn't there an moac page you can go to on here?
galion

All-State
Posts: 4355
Registered: Nov 2009
 
 Posted March 16th, 2012 01:58 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
bigdaddy004 wrote:
Hey galion isn't there an moac page you can go to on here?


Yeah, in 2 years.
Galion75

All-District
Posts: 316
Registered: Jan 2011
 
 Posted March 16th, 2012 05:16 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Hey galion isn't there an moac page you can go to on here?
Quote:
galion wrote:


Yeah, in 2 years.








GOOD ONE ! ! !


My two favorite High School sports teams are the GALION TIGERS and anyone who is playing against the Wynford Royals.

For those that fought for it, FREEDOM has a taste the protected will NEVER know.
Willard Fillmore

All-World
Posts: 12843
Registered: Dec 2006
 
 Posted March 16th, 2012 07:45 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
bigdaddy004 wrote:
Hey galion isn't there an moac page you can go to on here?


Too bad for daddy, there is no N10,9,8,7 page to go to.

13
giffiusmcohio74

All-American
Posts: 5675
Registered: Sep 2007
 
 Posted March 22nd, 2012 12:11 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Just calling it how I saw the game as an unbiased spectator. Crawford's skinny backup center missed at least 5-7 point blank layups. We're saying the reason was because he was "bumped". LOL. How about simply he was trying to overcompensate the shot from thinking it was going to get blocked.

Sit here and try to lay the loss on the refs is laughable. Give Edgerton Credit. With their point guard in the game - they were doing whatever they wanted to Crawford. Blowing past defenders for layups.. running their offense to perfection with ball reversals and easy dumps to a wide open center. Who... made the shots!

Crawford came alive in the second half - gutsy come back. But they dug a hole too deep. You don't play half a game at Regionals and expect to win. You play four complete quarters and then expect to win.

We Are Longing For... The Glory of the Lord. Because we know there's so much more!



Posts:
Registered:

 Posted    IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Mark all forums read
Page: 1 2
Logout All times are EST
Forum jump:

Thread Options: Delete thread / Open/Close thread / Rename thread / Stick thread / Move thread / Merge thread
Post new topic Post reply

< Previous thread | Next thread > | Subscribe to thread |