Official Roy Rogers-Dale Evans Fan Message Board

Page: 1 2
CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 16th, 2007 08:46 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I've seen Sunset in El Dorado. The Lady who Wouldn't say Yes is at the end of the movie. The bad guy was some one who DE was going to get married too, right after the show that she was putting on (she was a singer, Kansas Kate, in a Saloon). But RR and the Sheriff arrest him before he can get away.

RR was put in jail because he was accused of killing a bad guy turned good who was helping RR get into the head bad guy's office.

RR had met DE before The Belle of the El Dorado, when he saved the stage coach she was in with Gabby after it was held up. You see, Gabby had discovered a gold mine, which the bad guys found out about when Gabby tipped the waiter with a gold piece. They were going into town the next day, and the bad guys robbed the stage coach and got Gabby's map. RR comes along, saves the runaway stagecoach, and meets DE, who claims she is a school teacher, instead of a singer.

The movie is great! I really like how DE goes back in time to become her grandmom Kansas Kate. Oh yes, it was a Happy Trails Theatre verison I saw, and RR and DE Said that the script was mainly written for DE because Republic thought RR was going away to war, but then something about his status as in the draft got changed so he came back and did Sunset in El Dorado.

Does this help?

'Weep not but think that I have past
Before thee o'er a sea of gloom
Have anchored safe and rest at last
Where tears and mourning cannot come' ~Emily Bronte

My Blog...

RoyRogersFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 20th, 2007 01:33 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Thank you SO much CowboyFan! That sounds GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, and BETTTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth even if it leads you to your death. Safeguard the helpless. That is your oath. (strikes him across the face) That is how you shall remember it. Rise a knight!
Knighting out of Kingdom of Heaven

You will listen to me. Listen! The Bretheren will still be looking to us, the Black Pearl, to lead. And what will they see? Frightened bilge rats aboard a derelict ship? No! No, they will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see is the flash of our cannons! They will hear the ring of our swords and they will know what we can do. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs, and the courage of our hearts. Gentlemen, hoist the colors.
Elizibeth our of Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End

CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 20th, 2007 05:29 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
No problem!

My Blog...

Roughriding Senorita
Saddle Pal

Posted March 27th, 2007 06:01 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Gee, CowboyFan, thanks so much for taking the time to tell me about Sunset in El Dorado! I can't believe that my wild guesses were so close to the actual truth! Boy, I think i'll have to see that movie. A movie written for Dale alone should be interesting... to say the least! What eventually happens in the end? From the looks of the last song, Roy and Dale can't still be fighting--they must've made up.
May God keep you smilin' down a million happy trails!

"I'm not suffering from insanity...I'm enjoying every minute!!"

Roughriding Senorita
Saddle Pal

Posted March 27th, 2007 06:01 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Hey, wait a minute--I just saw something. Do you mean that D literally goes back in time? Gee, that would be strange!

CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 28th, 2007 07:20 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I believe she does go back in time, but I'm not totally sure if she's just dreaming or not. RR and DE do make up in the end, and I'm not sure if they are supposed to get married afterwards but that is the impression I got.

My Blog...

drfligo
Buckaroo

Posted March 29th, 2007 02:18 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Favorite Funny Songs:

You Ain't Heard Nothing (Till You Hear Him Roar) [Heldorado]

I Want To Go West [Under Nevada Skies]

Biscuit Blues [King of the Cowboys]

I'm An Old Cowhand [King of the Cowboys]

Sing A Little Song About Anything [Billy the Kid Returns]

The Dixie Brand [Billy the Kid Returns]

I also like to watch Pat and Shug clowning around on the 'Heave-Ho' pirate song from Under Nevada Skies.

CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 29th, 2007 12:17 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I liked that Pirate song too from Under Nevada Skies. It was so funny, and I like how they got Pat to have a wooden leg!

My Blog...

RoyRogersFan
Saddle Pal

Posted March 29th, 2007 02:13 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
That song's actually got a pretty funny history in our family. You see, we picked out
who every one of the Pioneers was, but nobody could figure out who Pat was in the
whole gang! (after all,it was only our third movie, only the second one with Pat in it.
Our first one had been The Golden Stallion---thus the reason we were looking
for him). Anyhow, right tword the end of the song my dad's like, The Captain's Pat!
And all the other kids are like, WHAT?!?! And then Becka says, "Well, how'd they
get him to have a wooden leg?" Obviously she isn't into disguises much, 'cause
if you asked me that's the simplest part!

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth even if it leads you to your death. Safeguard the helpless. That is your oath. (strikes him across the face) That is how you shall remember it. Rise a knight!

You will listen to me. Listen! The Bretheren will still be looking to us, the Black Pearl, to lead. And what will they see? Frightened bilge rats aboard a derelict ship? No! No, they will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see is the flash of our cannons! They will hear the ring of our swords and they will know what we can do. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs, and the courage of our hearts. Gentlemen, hoist the colors.

Roughriding Senorita
Saddle Pal

Posted March 31st, 2007 01:28 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
drfligo wrote:
Favorite Funny Songs:

Sing A Little Song About Anything [Billy the Kid Returns]

The Dixie Brand [Billy the Kid Returns]

I also like to watch Pat and Shug clowning around on the 'Heave-Ho' pirate song from Under Nevada Skies.

I see. Thanks!

RoyRogersFan
Saddle Pal

Posted August 28th, 2007 01:01 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
One of my favorites is Curly Jo. Here are the lyrics

Curly Jo

Lehethet me tell you tale,
Of a gamblin' man,
The roughest and tougest of all,
It was old Curly Jo from Idaho,
He was rough, and rugged and tall.
He was over six feet,
And as slim as a rail,
And his eyes were as black as the night,
And when he cut loose,
That ornery cayoose,
He'd always end up in a fight...

Oh, Curly Jo, from Idaho,
A ramblin', gamblin' rover!
He dealt from the bottom,
He dealt from the top,
But now his dealin' is over.

One night at a game,
He picked up the cards,
And rhhhhiiiiiippppp,
They fell in their places,
And then from the middle,
The bottom and top,
He dealt out those four fatal aces.
Now he knew in a glance,
He was bettin' his pants,
The dough he layed on the line.
He said, "If you please,
I'll just play these,
I think that they'll dance just fine."
Well they made their bets,
And they spread their cards,
Upon the green,
Then old Curly Jo, from Idaho,
Raked over the dough--
Four aces were over four queens.
Then a shot rang out,
In old Boot Heel Saloon,
For Curly fell to the floor,
He whispered as sighed,
"The body had died,
Four aces don't win any more,hore,hore, hore!"

Oh, Curly Jo, from Idaho,
A ramblin', gamblin' rover!
He dealt from the bottom,
He dealt from the top,
But now his dealin' is over.

Leah B.
Saddle Pal

Posted September 18th, 2007 03:41 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
What movie is Curly Jo, in?
Hot Heads and Cold Hearts never solved anything.

Vote for the Next Holiday Classic at thenextholidayclassic.com

Twister
Deputy Sheriff

Posted October 2nd, 2007 09:25 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I think the "You Ain't Heard Nothing" is one of my favorite funny songs. I love Pat's face in that one...

I also like to watch Pat and Shug singing 'Heave-Ho' pirate song from Under Nevada Skies.

Trigs Mom

CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted October 2nd, 2007 03:33 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Those are all great funny songs, Twister! I like the Heave Ho one as well.

My Blog...

Leah B.
Saddle Pal

Posted October 2nd, 2007 03:40 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I LOVE "I'm an Old Cowhand!"

It's on the menu of one of my RR DVDS, so I hear it ALL the time!

CowboyFan
Saddle Pal

Posted October 2nd, 2007 03:53 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Oh that song is wonderful! I have the same DVD set as you Leah, and we almost drove my family crazy singing it, while we were learning it.

My Blog...

Leah B.
Saddle Pal

Posted October 2nd, 2007 04:05 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Yes, my family was more then a little tired of that song.

RoyRogersFan
Saddle Pal

Posted October 3rd, 2007 01:01 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
Leah B. wrote:
What movie is Curly Jo, in?

Curly Jo(From Idaho) is from Ridin' Down the Canyon. For those of you that like funny movies--this one is one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is REALLY, REALLY funny.

birchbarkcowgirl
Deputy Marshal

Posted October 4th, 2007 10:42 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Quote:
Leah B. wrote:
I LOVE "I'm an Old Cowhand!"

I do, too. I've heard a few versions of it. I have a Command Performance recording on my computer that features Bob Hope, Carole Landis, Frank Sinatra and Roy Rogers. Bob Hope and Carole Landis sing their own wacky version of "I'm an Old Cowhand" early on in the show. Bing Crosby sang it with Martha Raye, Roy Rogers [he had a few lines of the song] and the Sons of the Pioneers, and others in Rhythm on the Range. I think I've heard another version, too. But I like the Sons of the Pioneers version best.

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only with what you are expecting to give — which is everything.” ~ Katherine Hepburn, actress
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill
“It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies.” ~ Arthur Calwell
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke

RD are my heros
Buckaroo

Posted June 14th, 2008 09:31 AM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
I thank the song from "sunset in eldarado" is funny!!! i don't remember the name of it but it's when they are on the bus and the sons of the pioneers are singin!!i know there was one verse that went somethin like this....

i wanna see my two gun sal
but she done run away with my
life long pal...she shot him dead sos we could
wed....that's the gal for me

(i myself would be afraid she'd do the same to me if another feller crossed her mind)lol

" You have to be first, different, or great. If you're one of them, you may make it."
~ Loretta Lynn

I don't care what the religion is called: as far as i'm concerned, one God, the God I adhere to, is in charge of them all."
~ Charley Pride

" You'll never do a whole lot unless your brave enough to try."
~ Dolly Parton

Twister
Deputy Sheriff

Posted July 1st, 2008 03:08 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
In the book "It was All about the Music" they have the song Pat sang from Heldorado... and some other fun songs.
Trigs Mom

Eldorado Belle
Deputy

Posted August 9th, 2008 02:17 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
My sister and I have a dialogue we made out of I'm an Old Cowhand and I put it in a skit I wrote.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

bryantm
Deputy Marshal

Posted December 5th, 2014 07:28 PM   IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post
Merry Christmas 2014 and a Happy New Year.

Posted    IP           Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post

Official Roy Rogers-Dale Evans Fan Message Board :: :: General Discussions on Roy & Dale :: Favorite funny songs
Page: 1 2
< Previous thread | Next thread > | Subscribe to thread |
Mark all forums read
Logout
All times are CST