Rules of NOSF
1. If a moderator deems one is excessively cursing, that's a warning.
2. If one continually bypasses the language filter, that's a warning.
2a. acceptable words; damn, hell, crap.
3. If one continually copies and pasts full articles without a link, that's a warning.
4. If one threatens to physically harm another member of this site or an acquaintance of that member, that's a warning.
5. If one takes a cheap shot at someone's personal life, that's a warning.
6. What Moderators say, goes, period. Do not question his/her decision in any matter.
7. After so many warnings, one might get chilled for a week, or permanently frozen.
8. Posting blatantly false rumors or information can and will be deleted.
9. One must make at least one post every year or one's username will be deleted.
10. Multiple names will not be tolerated for any reason whatsoever.
11. Exposing someone's identity is against the law unless that person has already done so themselves.
12. Joining the site to purposely bash a Mod is forbidden.
13. Spamming NOSF with pointless posts will not be tolerated.
14. If you're acting out of control and continue to act in a manner a mod doesn't see fit, you will be iced for a short period of time.
15. Petty bickering with mods is pointless and will get you iced, if it becomes annoying.
Contact NOSF at:
1 - All-Household
10 - All-Block
50 - All-City
100 - All-County
250 - All-District
500 - All-Region
1,000 - All-State
5,000 - All-American
10,000 - All-World
15,000 - All-Galaxy
30,000 - All-Universe
Links are automatically linked, but you can also use the following codes:
To use a name for the link instead of of just displaying the URL use this code:
Bold, Underline, Italics, Color
Using the following codes [b] [/b] , [u] [/u], [i] [/i] or [color=red] [/color] you can make your text bold, underlined, italic or a color.
[b]Mary[/b], [u]had a[/u] [i]little[/i] [color=blue]lamb [/color]
Would look like
Mary, had a little, lamb
To include an image in your post use the following code:
Quoting Other Messages
To quote another message, just cut and paste the text and enclose it as shown below.
[quote]What did I do?[/quote]
In the example above, the NovoCode Code automatically indents the text you reference.
Use the email tag to make email addresses clickable.
Can I add HTML to my messages?
What are Private Messages(PM)?
Private messages can be used to send messages to other registered members of the board. To check your messages, log in to Private Messages through the link on the main page. Once there you can also send messages. It's also possible to send a message by clicking on the PM link which comes with each post. Your messages will be stored for 30 days. Use private messages as a last resort, crying to moderators will usually just get you laughed at in the moderator forum so tread with caution.
What are community leaders?
They are users in charge of the boards. They can delete message, change settings etc.
How can I change my profile?
Use the My Account link found on top of the board pages.
Can I edit or delete my own posts?
Yes you can. Community leaders can do so as well.
Is it possible to search the boards?
Yes. Click on the word search at the top of the screen.
What do I do if I lose my username and/or password?
What are archives?
The archives contain older messages. After a forum reaches 150 topics, the last 50 are moved to an archive.
The Message Board was created on March 29th, 2005