Posted October 11th, 2007 04:22 AM IP
1. Don't respond to the posts, even to say it's being reported. Trolls and troublemakers main objective is to "bait" for response. By responding to them, you are feeding their desire for attention.
2. Copy the URL to the thread where offensive Posts is located and the Username of the person making offensive posts: Send this to Mod 1/Mod 2 account for review. Mods will look into the posts and take necessary actions.
3. If you as a member see there are a number of these types of posts, please try to copy the URL/Username to each thread where it's located and send the lists in one pm to both Mod 1 and Mod 2 account so that we (the mods) can take care of the posts as quickly as possible.
4. If possible, copy the actual posts and paste it in a pm. There will be times where the mods are not here to read them. The trouble makers often post, then get a reaction and delete their offensive posts. By copying the posts we are able to get an idea of what has caused the trouble and can then deal with the matter having the facts.
5. If you feel you have been treated badly by a member, please send a PM to the moderators with the link/copy of post.
We understand that there will be differences of opinions from time to time and things can get "heated", HOWEVER, personal attacks on members, posts with the intention of FLAMING will not be tolerated. If you have a personal issue with a member, please deal with it via PM. It is possible to respond in a civil way if we allow ourselves to "calm down" before hitting the send button. Remember to treat others as you would like to be treated.
Moderators are not here to beat everyone with a cyber stick.We are here to ensure that the Support Forum runs efficiently and trouble free so that your experience here can be pleasant.
Please note that Moderators do not have the authority to delete members. If a member constantly causes trouble, they will be reported to Peter who will make the decision to delete the members account.
Thank you for your help in keeping Support Forums a family-friendly place where we as fellow Excoboard Admins can come to play, to find help and to help others as we are able to. It's a team effort by ALL members and Mods to keep Support Forums the friendly place it's always (supposed) to be.
Tnx Blu for for your help.